Managing Intellectual Property 5th Edition
- Publisher: PHI
- ISBN-13: 9788120352650
- Pages: 500
- Binding: Paperback
- Year of Pub / Reprint Year: 2016
About The Book
The book, now in its fifth edition, offers a comprehensive treatment of Intellectual Property concepts and their applications in Indian industry. It provides a strategic framework for IP management, leading to competitive advantage for a business enterprise. Besides explaining the conceptual framework and practices of IP management, the book discusses IP as a strategic tool, its commercial exploitation and strategies for risk management of IP. Web-based material comprising chapter-wise PowerPoint Presentations (PPTs) and Multiple Choice Questions is available at www.phindia.com/sople.
This book is primarily intended as a text for postgraduate students of management, students of engineering and those who are pursuing certificate, postgraduate diploma or degree courses in IPR. In addition, professionals and corporate decision-makers should find the text valuable
Table Of Contents
Part I: Intellectual Property—A Strategic Tool
1. Intellectual Property System. 2. IP Rights and Marketing Regulations.
3. IP Management Framework. 4. IP Audits.
Part II: Intellectual Property—Legal Protection
5. Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs). 6. Patents. 7. Trademarks. 8. Copyrights. 9. Trade Secrets. 10. Industrial Designs. 11. Geographical Indications (GI).
12. Semiconductor Integrated Circuit Layout Design.
13. The Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers’ Rights (PPVFR)
14. Biodiversity and Traditional Knowledge.
Part III: Intellectual Property—Industry Practices and Issues
15. IPRs in Cyber Space. 16. IPRs in Pharmaceutical Sector.
17. IPRs in Fashion Industry. 18. IPRs in Biotechnology Sector.
Part IV: Intellectual Property—Exploitation and Risk Coverage
19. Intellectual Property Licensing.
20. Intellectual Property Insurance.
21. Securitisation of Intellectual Property.
22. Valuation of Intellectual Property.
23. Filing Patent Application.
NEW TO THE FIFTH EDITION
• A new chapter has been introduced on Filing Patent Applications.
• Numerous sections such as clinical research regulations, planned purification, combination therapy, alternate delivery, trade dress trademark protection, trademark caution notice, comparative advertising and trademark violation, contributory and vicarious infringement, two statutes for farmers’ rights, incremental innovation, piracy in fashion design, patentable or not patentable biotech inventions have now been incorporated in the respective chapters.
• More cases/caselets have been introduced in the present edition.
• Discusses IPs such as Patents, Copyrights, Trademarks, Trade Secrets, Designs, Semiconductor Circuit Layouts and Geographical Indications, etc.
• Practices issues of IPRs in Cyber Space, Fashion Design, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical industry.
• Classifies systems in practice for various IPs.
• Provides IPRs legal provision in Indian context.
• Includes a comprehensive glossary of important terms.
• Encloses CD-ROM containing Intellectual Property Rights’ laws in India as per the latest amendments.