Theory And Problems Of Basic Electrical Engineering 2nd Edition
- Publisher: PHI
- ISBN-13: 9788120352797
- Pages: 640
- Binding: Paperback
- Year of Pub / Reprint Year: 2016
About The Book
This comprehensive book with a blend of theory and solved problems on Basic Electrical Engineering has been updated and upgraded in the Second Edition as per the current needs to cater undergraduate students of all branches of engineering and to all those who are appearing in competitive examinations such as AMIE, GATE and graduate IETE.
The text provides a lucid yet exhaustive exposition of the fundamental concepts, techniques and devices in basic electrical engineering through a series of carefully crafted solved examples, multiple choice (objective type) questions and review questions. The book covers, in general, three major areas: electric circuit theory, electric machines, and measurement and instrumentation systems.
Table Of Contents
Preface. Preface to the First Edition. 1. Elementary Concepts and Definitions.
2. Fundamentals of Resistive Circuits.
3. Fundamentals of Reactive Circuits.
4. Sinusoidal Steady State Analysis of Circuits.
5. Frequency Response, Resonance, Fourier Analysis and Two-Port Networks.
6. Three-phase Circuits.
7. Circuit Analysis by Laplace Transformation.
8. Magnetic Circuits and Induction, Coupled Circuits and EMEC.
10. EMF and Torque in Electric Machines.
11. DC Machines.
12. Synchronous Machines.
13. Induction Machine.
14. Measurement Techniques and Instrumentation.
15. Electric and Electronic Instrumentation and Measurement
• Includes over 1000 Examples
• Provides about 340 MCQs
• Furnishes a large number of Solved Problems
• Contains around 200 Review Questions
• Gives about 180 Unsolved Problems with Answers
NEW TO THE SECOND EDITION
• Provides learning objectives of each chapter
• Updates theoretical knowledge and rectify solutions to the examples wherever necessary
• Introduces more review questions and solved examples in each chapter for Practice
About The Author
I. J. NAGRATH MS (Wisconsin University), was Professor and Deputy Director, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani. He has published several research papers in prestigious journals. Professor Nagrath has worked across a wide range of areas including Controls Electric Machines, Power Systems, Signal and System, Robotics and Electronics.Electronics:Analog and Digital and Electronic Devices and Circuits are his two popular books, published by PHI Learning. Besides, he has authored and co-authored many books in this areas.