Strategic Financial Management 2nd Edition
- Publisher: PHI
- ISBN-13: 9788120351608
- Pages: 456
- Binding: Paperback
- Year of Pub / Reprint Year: 2016
About The Book
The Second Edition of the book encompasses two new chapters—Strategic Cost Management and Business Ethics—A Strategic Financial Management Instrument. The book, being an augmented version of the previous edition, equips the young managers with the fundamentals and basics of strategic management and financial management in a cogent manner.
The text now provides a better orientation to the students on the topics like corporate restructuring, divestitures, acquisitions, and mergers in the global context with the help of examples and caselets.
The book has been revised keeping in view the requirements of postgraduate students of management and the students pursuing professional courses such as CA, MFC and CS. In addition, professionals working in the corporate sector may also find the book beneficial to integrate the financial management functions into business strategy and financial operations.
Table Of Contents
Preface • Preface to the First Edition
1. Introduction to Strategic Financial Management
2. Strategic Cost Management
3. Business Ethics: A Strategic Financial Management Instrument
4. Strategic Planning and Financial Planning
5. Portfolio Tools
6. Mean Variance Analysis and Markowitz Modern Portfolio Theory
7. Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM)
8. Factor Models
9. Arbitrage Pricing Theory
10. Risk and Uncertainty
11. Investment Decision under Risk and Uncertainty
12. Corporate Strategy and High Technology Investment
13. Financial Analysis
14. Financial Models
15. Forecasting Financial Statements
16. Cross-Sectional Analysis of Financial Statement Information
17. Corporate Valuation
18. Value-based Management
19. Control, Governance and Financial Architecture
20. Corporate Restructuring
21. Mergers and Demergers
23. Buyback of Shares
24. Leveraged Buyouts
26. Financial Distress and Restructuring
Sample Question Papers
About The Authors
RAJNI SOFAT, PhD, is Senior Faculty of Finance in the Department of Business Administration at Guru Nanak Institute of Management and Technology (GNIMT), Ludhiana, Punjab. Having twenty years of academic and research experience, she has also presented several research papers in seminars and conferences, and has contributed many articles to reputed national and international journals. Dr. Rajni Sofat has also been awarded with the prestigious Rashtriya Gaurav Award and Certificate of Excellence for her meritorious services and outstanding role in the field of academics, besides being the nominee of many other prestigious awards like Sadbhavana Award, Rashtriya Ekta Samman, and Best Citizen of India Award.
PREETI HIRO is Assistant Professor at Guru Nanak Institute of Management and Technology (GNIMT), Ludhiana, Punjab. She has more than ten years of experience in teaching and industry. She has published several research papers in reputed journals, seminars and conferences.