Principles Of Metallurgical Thermodynamics
- Author: S . K . Bose
- Co-Author: S . K . Roy
- Publisher: Universities Press
- ISBN-13: 9788173719271
- Pages: 677
- Binding: Paperback
- Year of Pub / Reprint Year: 2014
About The Book
Principles of Metallurgical Thermodynamics deals with the thermodynamics of reactive systems, with emphasis on the reactivity of metals and materials being used by metallurgical and materials scientists all over the world. Though the focus is on equilibrium thermodynamics, it also touches upon some methods to incorporate non-equilibrium effects relevant to material scientists. This knowledge will enable students to solve the challenging problems faced during operation in different materials-processing routes. It will also help in the search for new substances that might revolutionize high as well as low temperature applications because of their super-fluid and super-conducting properties, outer space environmental adaptability and more attractive electrical, magnetic and dielectric properties.
Table Of Contents
2. Concept of internal energy and the first law of thermodynamics.
3. Concept of entropy and the second law of thermodynamics.
4. Temperature dependence of heat capacities, entropy and the third law of thermodynamics.
5. Homogeneous and heterogenous equilibria, fugacity, activity and equilibrium constant.
6. Ellingham-Richardson diagrams.
7. Phase rule and phase relations, phase stability and Thermochemical diagrams.
8. Phase equilibrium and phase transformation in metals under high pressures.
9. Thermodynamics of special systems. 10. Thermodynamics of solutions.
11. Thermodynamics of electrochemical cells and solid electrolytes.
12. Thermodynamics of point defects in binary inorganic compounds.
13. Thermodynamics of surfaces and interfaces.
Casting Technology And Cast Alloys₹195.00
Out of stock
Materials Science And Engineering : Problems With Solutions₹550.00
Physical Metallurgy 3 rd Edition₹250.00