- Publisher: Jaico Publishing House
- ISBN-13: 9788184957273
- Pages: 140
- Binding: Paperback
- Year of Pub / Reprint Year: 2015
About The Book
20 Powerful Principles for Clear and Effective Writing
Ace Your Competitive Exams
• Choose the best writing structure
• Create powerful, memorable sentences
• Understand the importance of support points
• Use readability tools to enhance presentation
Whether youre a high school or college student, test-prep candidate, or business professional, this book is a concise guide to penning strong and effective work for all occasions.
With a wealth of examples, charts, and engaging exercises, enjoy the benefits of your own self-paced writing course in Power Writing!:
• Structure relates to organization and the order in which you present ideas. Learn to choose the structure that best develops your ideas, and to write with a top-down approach.
• Style describes how you write, including how you use examples to support what is written. Learn to write simple, powerful, and vivid prose. Understand how to vary sentence beginnings, create formal and informal tones, and stay gender neutral.
• Readability focuses on presentation and how to make your document visually pleasing and easy to read. Learn how to make key words stand out, use headings and headlines to “frame” writing, and to allow your document to “breathe”.
About The Author
BRANDON ROYAL is an award-winning writer who has honed his theories of teaching and education, into a set of key learning principles that help define the basics of writing, grammar, math, and reasoning.