Operations Management In Context 2nd Edition
- Publisher: Elsevier India
- ISBN-13: 9788131219423
- Pages: 438
- Binding: Paperback
- Year of Pub / Reprint Year: 2008
About The Book
operations Management in Context provides students with excellent grounding in the theory and practice of operations management and its role within organizations.
Structured in a clear and logical manner, it gradually leads newcomers to this subject through each topic area, highlighting key issues, and using practical case study material and examples to contextualize learning. Each chapter is structured logically and concludes with summary material to aid revision.
All managers are operations managers since all finctions within an organization are productive activities. It goes without saying that all functions should be carried out efficiently and effectively. The operations function is at teh heart of all manufacturing and service enterprises, and unless this core operation is carried out effectively, there is little hope that the organization as a whole will be effective.
This new edition of Operations Management in Context provides:
* a clear and logical text; ideal for students who are taking the subject for the first time
* an easy to understand approach avoiding a mathematical and technique driven approach
* small exercises and discussion topics that promote debate and interest
* key issues highlighted and supported by real life case studies from a hospital to the Channel tunnel.
* a series of self-assessment questions that test understanding