Mathematical Foundations Of Computer Science 2nd Edition
- Publisher: PHI
- ISBN-13: 9788120351295
- Pages: 480
- Binding: Paperback
- Year of Pub / Reprint Year: 2015
About The Book
This book, in its Second Edition, provides the basic concepts and applications of discrete mathematics and graph theory. The book is aimed at undergraduate students of computer science and engineering, and information technology. It is also suitable for undergraduate and postgraduate students of computer science, mathematics and computer applications.
The book exposes the students to fundamental knowledge in:
– Mathematical logic, tautology and normal forms
– Elementary set theory, functions and their relations
– Algebraic structure, binary operation, group theory and homomorphism
– Theory of permutations and combinations, binomial and multinomial theorems
– Recurrence relations and methods of solving them
– Graph theory, spanning tree, Eulerian and Hamiltonian circuits and isomorphism
Table Of Contents
2.CALCULUS OF PREDICATES
Includes a large number of worked-out problems for sound understanding of the concepts.
Offers chapter-end exercises to test students’ comprehension of theory.
Gives a quiz section at the end of each chapter to help students prepare for the competitive examinations.
Incorporates short questions asked in universities’ examinations.
About The Author
Shahnaz Bathul, PhD, is former Professor, Department of Mathematics, JNTUH College of Engineering, Kukatpally, Hyderabad. She has more than two decades of teaching experience. A member of the Indian Statistical Association and the Mathematical Association of America, Prof. Bathul has also authored four textbooks on engineering mathematics and statistics