Implementing And Managing E Government : An International Text
- Publisher: Vistaar Publications
- ISBN-13: 8178296349
- Pages: 295
- Binding: Paperback
- Year of Pub / Reprint Year: 2006
About The Book
Implementing and Managing eGovernment fills an important gap. It provides comprehensive coverage of the e-government issues faced by managers, consultants and other practitioners.
Richard Heeks draws on international examples to guide readers through crucial e-government management issues such as the management of strategy and projects; data security; quality; people, money and policies, and dealing with political and ethical challenges. The second part of the book focuses on the implementation of e-government systems. It explores activities such as: feasibility studies, system analysis, system design, construction and marketing.
Instructive diagrams, synoptic models and case studies underpin the book’s content while class and practitioner assessments will help readers monitor their understanding. Additional material is also available on a companion Website.
This book will be welcomed by students pursuing an MPA, undergraduates studying public policy and administration, and practitioners on government in-service training.
Table Of Contents
- I. MANAGING eGOVERNMENT
- Understanding eGovernment
- Approaches to Management of eGovernment Systems
- eGovernment Strategy
- Managing Public Data
- Core Management Issues for eGovernment
- Emerging Management Issues for eGovernment
- II. IMPLEMENTING eGOVERNMENT
- eGovernment System Lifecycle and Project Assessment
- Analysis of Current Reality
- Design of the New eGovernment System
- eGovernment Risk Assessment and Mitigation
- eGovernment System Construction, Implementation and Beyond
- Developing eGovernment Hybrids
About The Author
Richard Heeks, Senior Lecturer in Information Systems, Institute for Development Policy and Management,
University of Manchester, UK