A First Course In Iron And Steelmaking
- Author: Dipak Mazumdar
- Publisher: Universities Press
- ISBN-13: 9788173719394
- Pages: 396
- Binding: Paperback
- Year of Pub / Reprint Year: 2015
About The Book
The Series in Metallurgy and Materials Science was initiated during the Diamond Jubilee of the Indian Institute of Metals (IIM). This book is the fourth textbook in the series.
According to the author, the requirements for a text of this kind are: it should be concise and contemporary, less descriptive, based on fundamentals and sufficiently quantitative. This is because courses on extractive metallurgy, mineral processing, fuels, furnaces and refractories have been dispensed with to accommodate newer subjects related to structure, properties and processing of different kinds of emerging and functional materials such as refractories, polymers and composites. A First Course in Iron and Steelmaking is a textbook catering to undergraduate metallurgical engineering students that fulfils all these criteria. The authors experience in more than a dozen domestic steel and refractory industries has added flavour and value to the concepts presented in the book.
Table Of Contents
1. An overview of iron and steelmaking.
2. The science base of iron and steelmaking.
4. Steady state material and enthalpy balance in an iron blast furnace.
5. Primary steelmaking.
6. De-oxidation, ladle and Tundish metallurgy.
7. Solidification of steel, casting processes and finishing operations.
8. Iron and steelmaking in India.
Advanced Structural Materials – 2014
Computational Materials Science : An Introduction₹695.00
Casting Technology And Cast Alloys₹195.00
Structural And Chemical Characterization Of Metals , Alloys , And Compounds – 2014